The Big Parade LA is a two day urban hike spanning from downtown LA to the Hollywood sign, hitting many public stairways along the way. Today we'll be joining day 2 of the Big Parade LA in exploration of the Silverlake area. Join in or part ways where you like, but the Geeks are encouraged to join in at either the 8AM or the 9AM location. You may also consider parking at the Silverlake Recreation Center and walking to your start point.
- Music Box Stairs, Laurel and Hardy Park, adjacent to 925 Vendome Street
- This cinematically historic stairway is our start for Day II of the Big Parade 2011.
- Transit: Metro Bus 2 and Metro Bus 4 stop at Sunset/Parkman, two blocks away.
9:00 AM: Main Loop Begins
- Silverlake, 4.0 Miles, Meet: La Mill Coffee, 1636 Silverlake Blvd.
- Silverlake architecture, history - including the remnants of the old Los Angeles mass transit system - and one of the most lovely stairways in the city.
11:30 AM: Lunch and Music
- At the Silverlake Recreation Center, 1850 W Silverlake Drive
- Live Music. The Official Ukelele Orchestra of the Western Hemisphere Performs at the Silverlake Rec Center!
- Main Loop Ends.
See the rout in violet and red in the following google map: http://goo.gl/GBGko
Check out the Big Parade LA website for information on the full rout.
If you truly liked the Urban Stairway hike, join this week's Big Parade LA event. This is not a HikeTheGeek event, but feel free to fly your geeky colors.
This hike hits many of the public stairways around town, and will prove to be quite a work out..
(The Big Parade image is courtesy of Steve Matsuda.)
(Hikers have been notified by email)